At High Gear Physical Therapy everyone has the potential to live long and healthy lives regardless of what our “genetics” say. This can be accomplished if the following principles are followed everyday: taking care of the soft tissues and joints of our bodies with daily movement and proper exercise, utilizing efficient body mechanics and postures during our daily activities and sports, eating a clean diet, getting adequate sleep which is uninterrupted and at least 7-8 hours, avoiding environmental toxins whenever possible including those in our water supply, food, air, electromagnetic radiation, etc. and by taking time away from work.
- Provide quality physical therapy treatment utilizing a holistic, hands on approach in order to achieve the highest quality of function and well-being in all of our patients.
- Utilize our skills as physical therapists to relieve pain, eliminate dysfunction, and restore our patients to their optimal level of function.
- To provide exceptional one-on-one care at a reasonable cost.
- Achieve a healthy balance in our lives and to infuse the knowledge of healthy eating, healthy exercise and a healthy mind in all that walk through our door.
- Evidence based physical therapy practice.
- An intuitive and artistic approach to patient care.
- 1-on-1 time with our patients that allows us to utilize a manual approach to therapy, thus ensuring optimal results.
- 1-on -1 time with our clients to ensure that they meet their health and fitness goals.
- Exercise that is proven safe and effective.
- A diet that contains whole grains, fruits, vegetables and hormone and antibiotic free meats and dairy products and that is free of all genetically modified foods.
- A lifetime commitment to continuing our education.
- A lifestyle that allows for recreational activities and cherished time with family and friends.
- Efforts made toward environmental sustainability and ecological health and well-being.
We intend to provide the highest quality physical therapy services in Charlottesville and Albemarle County. We will do this by utilizing high level Functional Manual TherapyTM at a reasonable cost to individuals and athletes of sport and life who are in pain as well as those who desire to experience a more efficient way of life. We will continue our commitment to training the highest level physical therapists with an opportunity to pursue and complete a Functional Manual TherapyTM residency at our clinic. Our clinic will be comfortable and clean and will take steps toward environmental sustainability. We will provide these services in a direct access environment allowing patient’s to access our clinic without a doctors prescription. We will work closely and collaboratively with other area health care practitioners to provide our patient’s with the best care possible.
What is Functional Manual Therapy™?
- Acute and Chronic Spinal Conditions [Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Pain]
- Frozen Shoulder
- Tendinitis (tennis and golfer elbow, shoulder, hip, etc)
- Foot and ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Hip dysfunction
- Joint replacement surgery
- Rib dysfunction
- Core muscle weakness
- Visceral Mobilization
- Post Surgical Care
- Temporal-mandibular joint (TMJ) pain
- Wrist and hand injuries